Thursday, July 16, 2009

Definition of Identity

I have wondered since 7 this question, what defines our identity? Many would probably say our personality, our physique, our talents. But isn't that 3 properties of our make up a result of what we were biologically born with? Isn't it something inherited? How can we say it is out identity when clearly we received it all from our parents? Some would say is what you do that defines you. But then if that were the case I would ask what is the difference between me and Osama Bin Laden? Sure there's a trillion and one things but there is one answer to that trillion that will sum it ALL up, and that is this- I happen not to be born in the body of Bin Laden by HIS mother. To me that's the only difference between me and anybody in this world.... because really every other trillion things that defines us will root at only this- to whom were we born to. I can say with 100% guarantee that if I were born as Saddam Husein I will do exactly as he did kill the kurds, rape iran, not because I want to(speaking as Benjamin) but because I will be 100% like him if I was born him...... This is also the main reason why i believe that salvation or not, is already decided on the day your sperm reached your mothers egg. If you were born Judas the traitor you are fated to go to hell, if you were born Billy Graham you are fated to enter heaven.

Honestly I hate thinking about it, but I cant help but act knowledge it in my life..... This is just my take on the world. If you ask me what i think is our true identity??? My answer is this- Our identity as individuals is the result of the sum of all the decisions our ancestors have made which decides everything about us, from where we live to whether we go to hell or heaven. I came to that conclusion purely on deductive logic, are these views supported by the bible? Yes and that will have to be another blog, i need sleep, zzzzzzzzzzzzz. There is sooooo many things i want to ask God if and only if I do make it to heaven.

No comments: