Friday, July 6, 2012

Another observation on people

Friend A of mine is jobless and looking for one. He asked another mate of mine(friend B) if he have found a job for him. The other guy said no I haven't found. (I over heard it in the badminton court) Friend B looked uneasy.

No too long latter friend B while talking to me expressed dislike to friend A on something rather trivial. At first I didn't get it but I figured B don't like A because he felt pressured when asked by A for help and he couldn't deliver in desperation. Now I have seen similar scenarios like this countless times in my life.

Aside: General rule when dealing with people you are not close with or you don't know. Don't ask for favors especially out of desperation when they may not be able to help.

I think this is due to a survival mechanism in human's to avoid desperate and needy people. Ideally we should help the needy and not discriminate them. Jesus did not avoid the sick and desperate people, in fact he went out to them and heal them and feed them, so it is not normal to feel pressured by desperate people. Or is it?

So which is it? humans are like that because of sinful nature? Or is it a natural survival instinct to avoid life burden and have a better chance of surviving due to less burden? Is it really a survival instinct like breathing or a result of sin?


No comments: