Saturday, June 4, 2011

Unique people (Traders personality)

Though extremely rare, every now and then I come across a person that will generously share his knowledge when it comes to trading. If you didn't know, the trading community which includes people like George Soros and Jim Rogers is shrouded in secrecy. People in that group are very protective of how they make money and what they know.

The first professional trader I have met was a person that not only introduce me to trading but literally gave me all he knew about making money trading before retiring for good about 3 years latter after 25 years of trading professionally. Frankly I was taken back and surprised when he showed me how this business is done right including all his trading systems and 25 years of his trading knowledge. I thought he was unique until I came to this forum

http://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php

This forum does contains people that are extraordinary traders and are very very generous with their knowledge. Some just give away their trading systems that makes some serious money and their reasoning is "sharing is caring". They didn't have to do it but they are doing it out of their own generosity to give back to the trading community.

How can you explain people like that? knowing 3 person like that personally I would say these group of people that are generous act likewise because they are not insecure about themselves or their future and are very confident in their ability to make money from the markets even if the trading systems they use become useless. They are usually traders that are already very successful and just want to share it back to new traders and the trading community because just like me it was probably a successful trader that mentored them in the first place.

For anyone aspiring to be a professional trader, in my humble opinion I will say that it is good if you find someone that have years of experience being a successful trader to mentor you. It is not a game for the faint of heart or average competence. It is extremely rare to find successful traders, what more the ones that are generous, but they are out there.

Just for an example I will give you a forum thread of a woman trader that shared a very good trading system. And it really makes money. Just go into the thread and you can gauge what kind of person people like that are like. They are not your average Kiasu Joe.... They are so good at what they do that they want to share their ability.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=257876

No comments: